Learn to Skate
The Belmont Complex offers skating lessons for a variety of levels and lessons are set by the Ice Skating Institute. Ice Skating is a great form of exercise that helps develop cardiovascular systems, strengthens the muscles of the abdominals, hips, legs and calves while improving balance. It is the first step in becoming a skilled hockey player or figure skater!
Fall Series 1
October 2 to November 20
Registration Deadline: September 23, 2016
Winter Series 2
December 4-18 (Holiday Break) January 8-February 5, 2017
Registration Deadline: November 20, 2016
Spring Series 3
February 19-April 9, 2017
Registration Deadline: February 12, 2017
1:20pm-1:50pm -Parent/Tot, Tot 1, Tot 2 (Yellow Classes)
1:50pm-2:20pm -Tot 3, Tot 4, Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta (Red, Green, White & Blue Classes)
**No registration accepted after deadline, class size limited, fills on a first come first serve basis & payment is due upon registration.
|Parents and children, beginners age 4 to 6|
|Tot 1-4||Beginners age 4-6: Focus on balance and mobility.|
|Pre-Alpha||Beginners over age 6: Focus on basic forward and backward movement.|
|Alpha||Focus on the finer points of forward skating: stroking, crossovers and snowplow stops|
|Beta||Focus on the finer points of backward skating: stroking, crossovers and T-stops|
|Gamma||Focus on transitions: three-turns and mohawks|
|Delta||Focus on the proper use of edges.|
|Freestyle||An introduction to the sport of figure skating; availability of this class depends on the number of interested students.|
- Students are divided into classes by age and level. They will progress according to their own abilities.
- Students must be four years of age by the registration date. No one accepted under age 4.
- Equipment is not required however, coats, mittena and helmets are recommended.
- Class size is limited and registration is on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Your payment must accompany your registration.
- There are no make-up or refunds for switching or missed classes.